Friday 17 August 2012

Inspiration



This year, I’ve been trying to get inspired to find out what it is I want to do for the rest of my life. That is, how to make a living and to find more enjoyment and meaning in my everyday working life. I’m hoping that my day job will come to include more writing and editing. Then hopefully I can transition to becoming a full-time editor and/or writer. And I’m hoping I can find more fulfilment in life through my creative writing.

In the meantime, I’m reading a variety of inspirational materials, including following the blogs/websites, below. They all talk about following your dreams yet also trying to make money from doing work that you love. And they all talk about using your writing to help you achieve your aims.

Zen Habits
Often voted the one of the best blogs on the web. Leo Babauta is all about simplifying your life and finding happiness through creative thinking and pursuits.

Live Your Legend
Another very popular blog. Scott Dinsmore encourages everyone to do work they love and to make a living from it.

Change Your Thoughts
A blog from the other side of the pond. Steven Aitchison gives very real tips on how to make a living from working for yourself on the web.

The Art of Non-Conformity
Chris Guillebeau is on a mission to visit every country on the planet. Along the way, he shares tips for changing the way you live through travel, and working for yourself through microbusiness.

Following these guys’ blogs, I get a spoonful of inspiration everyday, which helps me keep going forward with my writing and editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment